Our History

The name for the Greater Miracle Temple Worship Center was given to our leader after a time of fasting and praying before the Lord. Prior to this name change, the church was named Greater Miracle Temple, and prior to this, the State Temple which was the original headquarters for the Church of God in Christ, SC Jurisdictional Headquarters, which was located in a small subdivision called Quick Town in Orangeburg, SC.

This ministry began during the early 1920's. Many obstacles appeared in the advancement of the ministry. The early pastors included the Bishop George A. Footman, Supt. Derrick Hutchins, Bishop Richard Copeland and the Elder Odell Johnson (deceased). Under the leadership of the Supt. Derrick Hutchins, the name changed from Miracle Temple to Greater Miracle Temple to make a distinction between another church that was also named Miracle Temple. The church first construction project was the purchase of 1106 Marlboro Street, which took place under the leadership of Supt. Derrick Hutchins. The ministry doors would continiously close and reopen under the leadership of several pastors.

In 1989, Elder Robinson was sent to reopen the doors of the ministry. The ministry reopened with three families to include Pastor and First Lady Robinson, Sis. Ruby Dantzler and Sis. Lilly Guinyard. They came together outside of the facility and used their tithes and offerings to have the lights turned on. The ministry started with 15 members and grew to over 100 members within a short period of time. Under the leadership of Pastor Robinson, the church purchased new carpet and pews, the pulpit was rebuilt and a walkway was added to allow the access from the sanctuary to the fellowship hall. In 2001, the Greater Miracle Temple name changed again, this time to Greater Miracle Temple Worship Center for "Greater Works" were about to be performed. During this time, the house next to the church was purchased to acquire additional space in anticipation of building the new facility.

In 2006, God allowed other locations to open for Greater Miracle Temple Worship Center, which would now give the ministry one church in two locations. God has since shown the ministry that their work is not done.  There is still work continuing being done behind the scenes and a new project is now in place. The ministry focus is on "What God Says" for we know that God truly has the final say in all matters.


628 John C. Calhoun Drive | 1106 Marlboro Street
Orangeburg, SC 29115
Phone: 803-536-0678

© 2010 Greater Miracle Temple Worship Center. All rights reserved.